We welcome your participation!
GBBR places great value on the collective input of our members in helping to shape the programs and activities that we make available to our membership. Our roster of GBBR Committees, includes both standing committees required by the National Association of REALTORS®’ association protocols, and groups that work to enhance the overall function of our board and develop opportunities to further the success of our members. These committees operate with both an appointed chair and vice chairperson, and volunteer participants who are selected from candidates who have expressed interest in serving. On occasion and as necessity invokes, short-term task forces and advisory groups are formed to propel certain strategic objectives that the leadership has defined, with timely goals that benefit from special sessions. Participation for these smaller groups are opened and advertised to our membership when needed.
The list below is an overview of the GBBR Committees that are typically established each year. The service term is January 1 through December 31; however some committees will accept participants after the service term has begun. The committee sign-up window usually opens in August, and appointments are usually made in November of each year. If you are interested in serving on a particular committee, please contact us at 410-337-7200.
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA) – The IDEA Committee works to create and sustain an inclusive and equitable environment for our members, accomplished though educating, engaging, and empowering our members by way of events, resources, and communication and leadership development. Additionally, the committee works to promote the IDEA benefits of working with a REALTOR® to the community at large, while also working to make membership accessible to agents working in all areas of our reach. This committee meets monthly.
- Events – Plans the REALTOR® Fair and other special events which includes the recruitment of sponsors, program advertisers, attendees, and exhibitors. The committee also oversees the educational offerings, marketing, event agenda and provides volunteers the day of the event. The committee coordinates other special events, including but not limited to bull/oyster roasts and sports outings, that GBBR will hold throughout the year. This committee meets monthly.
- Education – Plans and evaluates educational programs, seminars, symposiums, and workshop offerings. The committee also sets policy and procedures.
This committee meets monthly.
- Equal Opportunities – Works to promote fair housing education and awareness, and advance GBBR as a resource for the home ownership process.
This committee meets monthly.
- Grievance – Responsible for reviewing all requests for arbitration and ethics complaints to determine if request/complaint should be dismissed or forwarded for a formal hearing. Note: Participants must be a REALTOR® member maintaining membership status in good standing for at least three (3) years. This committee meets as needed.
- Legislative – Initiates and reviews legislation that concerns the residential and commercial real estate markets in Baltimore City and County.
This committee meets weekly during the Legislative Session, then meets as needed.
- Membership – Responsible for the development of effective REALTOR® and Affiliate membership recruitment and retention programs, and for coordinating activities for Member Appreciation Week. This committee meets monthly.
- Professional Standards – Responsible for holding ethics hearings and hearing requests for appeals; includes Appeal/Due Process Requests. Note: Participants must be a REALTOR® member maintaining membership status in good standing for at least three (3) years. This committee meets as needed.
- RPAC / Political Affairs – Conducts fund-raising activities to benefit the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC), The REALTOR® Party of Baltimore, and supports legislative “Calls for Action.” Promotes GBBR networking opportunities with elected officials by planning and sponsoring various events. This committee meets monthly.
- YPN Advisory Panel – Coordinates all GBBR Young Professionals Network networking, professional development workshops/panel, and community service events. This includes the recruitment of sponsors, attendees and teams. The committee also oversees marketing and promotions of all events and provides volunteers during special events. This committee meets monthly.